Monday, August 25, 2014

Fall Staples 2014

Fall season is my favorite season. Mostly because of the fashion. As limited as this season can be with boots in almost every outfit, I still find it to be my absolute favorite season. I have put together a few things I consider Fall Staples. I placed links below for similar pieces and gave you suggestions on where to shop for similar items.

Outerwear.

Hollister Parka $63 | Forever 21 Cardigan $28

The Parka Jacket is currently on sale at Hollister for $63. I am planning on buying one for my trip to Portland and Seattle. If you like this style Parka, I've seen a few inexpensive ones at Old Navy. A few stores I would shop around for a Parka jacket would be: Old Navy, Burlington Coat Factory, American Eagle, and Pacsun.

This tribal patterned cardigan has become really popular. I've seen them for around the same price in similar stores. I own one I found at Marshalls, and it is so comfortable. I wore it last Christmas for everything: see here. For similar cardigans like this I would shop around at: Forever 21, H&M, and Urban Outfitters.


Clothing.

Forever 21 Plaid Button Down $20 | J BRAND Boyfriend Jeans $104

The plaid button down is definitely a Fall Season staple. It doesn't have to be red and navy but this is my favorite color combo for the plaid style. For similar tops I would shop around at my favorite American Style stores: American Eagle, Hollister Co., and Abercrombie and Fitch

Boyfriend jeans are an all year round staple. But I would favor towards them in fall season because this is the season that makes sweaters and baggy clothes look its best. I would pair these up with your favorite ankle high booties. You can wear this combo to the mall, to eat out, or to work. To search for your best fit boyfriend jeans I would shop around at: ASOS, American Eagle, or Topshop.

Quick Tip: Boyfriend jeans are hard to find. You can always buy a bigger pair of jeans or steal your boyfriend's smallest pair of skinnies. Good news is, I am working on a post for you guys called "DIY: Distress Your Boyfriend Jeans".


Boots and Booties.

Unisa Gillean Boots $50 | Steve Madden Ryatt Booties $150

The over the knee riding boot is in. But its important to find the perfect pair. Many styles have bulky  heels or odd buckles that make the boot look ugly. I like the plain look. I like that this pair has an elastic back. This helps the boot stay up above the knee and avoids the shoe from stretching out like the baggy style boots tend to do. I found these boots at DSW for $50 when the original price was $100. Buying boots in the $50 range is rare. And in my opinion, you should always spend a pretty penny on boots. They rarely go out of style, and when you invest on good boots, they can last for years. For similar pairs I would always pay attention to detail, and shop around at: DSW, Steve Madden, Bakers, and Nordstrom

Quick Tip: For a better search for these style boots search for "Over the knee boots" or "Riding boots". 

I am so picky when it comes to booties. Last year, I hated this style bootie. But I have grown into liking them. Other bloggers have convinced me that they work well with boyfriend jeans and sometimes just shorts. I like booties with thick heels. These are comfortable and would be my number 1 choice to pair with boyfriend jeans. I've seen similar, inexpensive ones at Old Navy. But I would also shop around at: Steve Madden, DSW, and Go Jane.


Fringed Bag.

H&M Suede Fringe Bag $50

The fringed bag is really popular right now. I love it. I love this bag from H&M but I have a secret. I found these bags on Ebay for prices around $6-$20. You have to see it to believe it. If you aren't a huge fan of Ebay, not a problem. I found a few stores for you to shop around: Target, Steve Madden, H&M, Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, or look on Google.


Beauty Accessories.

MAC Hearts Aflame Lipstick $16 | Opi Do You Have This Color In Stock-Holm $10

I love shopping seasonal collections. These accessories are both from their brand's 2014 Fall Collection. MAC's new Fall Collection is called A Novel Romance. My favorite shade in this collection is a dark red shade called Hearts Aflame; they have a total of three dark red lip shades this year. To find your favorite Fall Lip Collection shop here: MAC, NARS, Dior, Chanel, and Smashbox.

Your nail shades are just as important as your lip shades. These colors add spark to your look. I am usually an Essie fan but I will not deny that Opi has the best collections for Fall and Winter. This year's Fall Collection is called Nordic Nail Lacquer. I love all of their dark shades. To find your favorite Fall Nail Collection shop here: Essie, Opi, or NARS.


XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...