Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Planning a Vacation


Traveling is always fun. But one of the most annoying parts of traveling (besides security check points!) is packing!! I usually repack my suitcase 3-5 times before I actually go on my trip. But where do you even start!? I have a few pointers that might help.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
Since I was going on a cruise to the Bahamas my first spot was my bathing suit drawer. I threw a bunch of different bathing suits on my bed and moved on to the smallest clothes I can think of. Like jean shorts, cropped tops, sun dresses, sunglasses, and sandals. Then I went to my fancier clothes and started throwing dresses, blouses, and skirts on my bed.

TROPICAL:
  1. Throw on your bed all your favorite bathing suits.
  2. Then all your other smaller clothing like jean shorts, cropped tops, sun dresses etc.
  3. Bring out all your matching sandals and favorite sunglasses.
  4. Then pull out some of your favorite night time clothing; heels included!!
  5. Start planning outfits! Try them on!
  6. Don't forget your sunblock, hair products, and make up!
COLD:
  1. Bring out all your warm clothing. Everything. You will need them.
  2. Pack more than you think you need.
  3. I wouldn't concentrate on what your top will look like with your outfit because most of the time you will be in your jacket or coat.
  4. I would focus more on your coat arrangement with your boots. Accessorize with scarves.
  5. Make sure you pack gloves, scarves, and beanies!
  6. Then pull out some of your favorite night time clothing; heels included!!
  7. Start planning outfits! Try them on!
  8. Don't forget your perfume, hair products, and make up!

ARRANGING OUTFITS:
Once I had all my staple pieces out.. I started to pick out outfits. Try things on!! You don't want to pack a bunch of things that don't match and end up wearing the same thing all weekend! 
  1. Make sure you have choices. 
  2. Always bring 1-2 extra dresses, shorts, tops, bathing suits, etc. 
  3. Even pack a few hats and a few pairs of sun glasses. 
  4. Make sure your packing the right pair of shoes. Try to aim for shoes that can be worn with multiple outfits. Shoes can get heavy. 
  5. If your cruising, make sure you have sandals, wedges, and a pair of stilettos for dinner!
TRAVELING:

As you all know, when you finally board the ship your suitcases could take a few hours. If you plan on tanning while your docked you should pack a bathing suit in your carry on or purse. You also want to dress comfortably when your traveling. Whether your flying, cruising, or driving you should wear something easy to move in. Which is why I decided to wear long, loose pants. 

For more styling tips from thee Lauren Conrad please check out her blog! She has great tips on packing, flying, or just dressing in style.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...