Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Staples


Typically every girl's closet should have summer staples such as a plain white top, jean shorts, and brown wedges. Simple outfits can be accessorized with fun jewelry or shoes. Flats would look great for a casual look but I decided to dress up this outfit with my new favorite wedges from Just Fab. 

Your hair style is also really important when it comes to styling your outfit. You must always consider the weather and activity. Since my outfit was simple and it was extremely hot outside; I decided to style my hair in waves so I can keep cool and not worry about my hair getting too frizzy. If its hot and humid outside.. Don't straighten it! Not unless your lucky like my sister! Her hair can stay straight through a hurricane! Tips on straightening your hair like my crazy sister will be posted below.
  1. Make sure your hair is clean and dry. If it's damp, blow dry it. Especially if you have a good iron. You do not want to burn your hair off!!
  2. Apply anti frizz before and after you iron your hair. (1 or 2 drops placed on your fingertips only!)
  3. Layer your hair starting from the bottom.
  4. Iron a strand of hair multiple times, your ends will tell you when your done!
  5. Once your done with one layer put the next layer down.
  6. If you want to add volume to your bangs blow dry them before your straighten them with the iron.
  7. Once your done ironing, put a drop or two or the anti-frizz on your finger tips and brush through your hair. Make sure not to put too much because your hair will get dirtier faster.
If I had decided to put my hair up in a bun I would make sure your hair was wet, gelled, and positioned up high. The bigger the bun, the better. For instructions on a sock bun please check out my favorite video tutorial from Mr. Kate. For the bun look I always try to dress it up with a flashier outfit and a bright lipstick. For tips on my favorite kind of lipstick application check out my post London in Miami.

Happy Monday!

F21 TOP / HCO DENIM / JUST FAB SHOES / LONGCHAMP BAG
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...