Sunday, June 08, 2014

My Pin Up Look

I love themed parties. This was my first time dressing up for a Pin Up party. I immediately started searching for inspiration on Pinterest. Luckily, I didn't have to buy one thing! I took two sets of photos to show you how you can pull off a casual pin up look, along with a dressier pin up look. 

My Casual Pin Up Look.


 When I heard about the theme of the party being Pin Up, I knew exactly what piece I was going to work around. These shorts scream the 40's. Since I knew they were really high waisted, I knew this corset crop top would work perfectly. 

For a casual look, I knew the mid top converses would be the perfect choice. I love these shoes. They go so well with so many different looks. I also choose this jacket for its jersey like stripes on one arm. That reminded me a little bit more of a 50's look but I threw that in there to dress it down a bit.

Accessorizing.

For jewelry, I kept it very simple. Pearls are a very popular choice in that era, so I went for a simple look with the pearl bracelets and big Gatsby like earrings. I bought this clutch a few years ago because it reminded me of a vintage style bag. Its red and vintage-like, obviously my immediate choice.

Your make up is important to maintain your pin up look. Red lipstick was a must. I made sure to keep my blush really high on my cheek bones to keep the look more 40's. For my eyes, I didn't use any eye shadow and but put tons of mascara and eye liner inside both lids to keep the eyes basic but sexy. I added some tutorials below. 

Extra Tip: I like putting a little mascara on your bottom lashes to give your eyes more spark. 

My hair was the fun part. And it didn't take me long to do. When I curled my hair, I made sure to grab smaller strands than I usually do, and made sure I curled all the way up to the scalp. My hair usually falls a little, so curling my hair from the scalp down, gives my hair more volume since teasing my hair in humid weather isn't a good idea. Before putting on my headband, I pinned my bangs back giving it a little poof. Hairspray your bangs and curls like crazy, add the headband, and then you can take off your pins and hide your remaining hair under your headband, and voila.

Extra Tip: If your hair falls easily, buy a strong hairspray and spray heavily after every layer. Also make sure your leaving your iron long enough. The iron I use is safe and I've never had any issues with burning off my hair, and I've used it on many hair types.

Party Time.



For shoes, I chose to go with the pointy heel. But it was a hard choice between my Zara heels, my Dejavu's, or the pointed toe. In cases like this, I send a mass text to my closest fashionista's and they take a vote. The pointed heel won.


Put Together This Look.

Outfit Details:
Marciano Corset Crop Top, Similar
Gap Jersey Cardigan, Similar

Accessories:
Forever 21 Clutch, Similar
Ray Ban Sunwear, Aviators
Pearl Bracelets, Similar
Nordstrom Earrings, Similar 

Shoes:
Converses, Mid Tops
Just Fab Heels, Pointed Toe

Make Up Tips:
Mac Lipwear, Ruby Woo Matte

Hair:


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...