Monday, January 26, 2015

Samples, Samples, and more Samples!

Ugh! Have you heard of those cute companies that send those cute little boxes every month with samples to try?? There are so many! How can you choose?!? Well luckily for you, I know a little bit about them and I am going to tell you a little bit about what I do know. For each company listed below you basically create a profile. You pick out all the stuff you would usually buy (brands, sizes, price ranges) and based off your profile, a personal stylist puts together a box for you.

Birchbox.



So Birchbox is the most popular sampler right now. They have seniority and they are dependable. What I like about them the most is that they do not waitlist you. You literally get a box of sample sized goodies every month for $10 and you can cancel anytime! What I don't like about them, the samples are literally samples.


Ipsy.



Unlike Birchbox, Ipsy sends you full size samples. What I mean by a "full size sample" is they send you the actual size of the product you would buy. But this is only for make up. And only some products, like mascara's and nail polish. Sometimes you get lucky and get a full size eye liner, but things they can sample, they will send you sample size items. This company is also $10 and you can cancel anytime.

Every month you can pick the items they send you based out of the monthly selection they pre-chose for you. They even send you a different make up bag every month to hold your samples. They sound amazing right? Their only flaw... they waitlist. You can however skip the waitlist by individually inviting people to see ipsy's website. But, who has time to individually invite people on a website?! Ugh.


Wantable.



So Wantable is really cool. But this company does not send you "samples" like the other companies above. What this website does is that it give you options of 4 types of offers. Accessories, make-up, lingerie, or active wear. 

How accessories work: If you are familiar with Just Fab this is exactly how it works. Every month you pay $39.99 and you are sent accessories up to $40. Unlike Just Fab you aren't simply sent one item, and you don't get to choose. Last month, my friend got a few necklaces, a few bracelets, and an awesome ring! Sometimes she gets 4 pairs of earrings, 2 necklaces, sunglasses, and a bracelet. And she's already gotten 2 watches. They mix and match and they always send you 3+ items. In my opinion, this option is the best one.

How make up works: Your make-up membership is the same price every month, $39.99. This will include make up "samples" but they send you full size items. So basically they will send you 2+ items to sample and you get to keep both items for only $39.99. Most of the time they send you items that would cost more, so you are getting a discount. 

How lingerie works: Intimate membership is slightly different than purchasing the memberships for accessories and make up. I am not too sure if you pay a one time styling fee like you would for the active wear membership, or if you pay the $36 monthly. But I do know that they send you 3 items for you to choose. If you decide to keep all 3 items, they give you a discount.

How active wear works: Before I tell you to go and get this, I tried it, and did not like what they sent to me. The idea was really cool and I was so excited to receive my first box, but I was highly disappointed. First you pay a $20 one time fee for a personal stylist to handpick the items you would receive your first month. You then create a profile choosing the items you would regularly buy (brands, sizes, price range). They then send you 5 items, and if you keep all 5 items you receive 30% off all items and they bill you in 5 business days once they are sure you did not return any items. To return items they give you a return label with your delivery. If you only keep 3-4 items, you get 20% off. But when I got my package I was given items way above my price range and things I wouldn't wear unless you paid me to wear it in a photoshoot. And even then, I still would tell that stylist they need my help stylin'.


Fabletics.



Now the best one! Fabletics! This is the Fitness line by Kate Hudson offered by Just Fab!! This line has so many adorable pieces and very modern looks for active wear. Your first order is 50% off and this month they are offering a free pair of Fabletics Leggings with your order. Each month they charge you $50 and send you an outfit to wear to the gym. Sometimes you get socks instead of a sports bra but I have only heard great things about this line and deal. You can skip the month anytime but you cannot cancel your subscription without a really good reason, so start thinking.

Want to join? Click here! Or copy this URL: http://www.fabletics.com/invite/67019850/

All pictures link straight to the site!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...