Saturday, January 04, 2014

Bridal Shower Dress Code


Every one around me is getting married, buying houses, and starting families. And lately friends have asked me questions about what to wear and what not to wear to events such as a bridal shower. Here, I put together a little bridal shower dress code handbook, but it rings true for all bridal events including the big day. 

ONLY THE BRIDE WEARS WHITE - Let the bride have her spotlight, it's her one special time to wear the white. You can wear nude shades or white with an obvious pattern, but the bride should be the only one in solid white. 

DO NOT WEAR RED - Again, you want the bride to be the spotlight. A red dress makes you stand out, it's a "look at me" kind of shade. Red lips and accessories are okay. 

NO CLEAVAGE - Avoid the cleavage. Remember, your going to be in a room with your friends and you're going to meet the bride's relatives and you don't want the attention in the room on your chest. Since your dress will be covering your chest, it's a good time to wear a chunky necklace!

STAY AWAY FROM BLACK - I found this tip on Lauren Conrad's blog, and I agree a black dress at any shower is out of place. It reminds me of mourning and funeral attire. If you do decide to wear black try to brighten the dress up with a bright colored clutch and shoes. And I would even try to find a matching necklace, preferably a large one.

WHAT CAN YOU WEAR? - Showers are festive, celebrating a new chapter in someone's life. Celebrate this by utilizing bright and light colors that represent it, think of spring time. Maybe even plan your outfit around those new yellow shoes or purse that you've been wanting to wear. 

NORDSTROM DRESS / JUST FAB SHOES
CHARMING CHARLIE BAG / F21 NECKLACE




BUY THIS LOOK



2 comments:

  1. The seller answered all my questions right away and even gave me recommendations on customizing my dress to the size and length that I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are present here some beautiful Splendid Wedding-Bridal Party Wear A Line Fancy New Fashion. bridal dresses nyc

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...